VFS Insights comprise regular articles written by us to raise awareness of issues which may have a significant impact on your financial affairs and your estate, either in your lifetime or in the future. Topics include the latest and most important changes in the rules and regulations governing financial planning and what they mean for you and your family. VFS Insights also re-examine existing risks and the measures that can be taken to mitigate their impact on your estate.
Series 1: Estate Planning and Inheritance Tax
The subject of our first series of articles is estate planning and inheritance tax. Many people, including non-domiciled, non-UK residents or nationals and anyone owning residential property or other assets in the UK may be more exposed to inheritance tax, probate charges and other risks than they realise.
Latest VFS Insights:
VFS Insights Archives
- BRIGHTER LATER: the benefits of early financial planning. January 2018
- Mauritius Living. January 2018
- Retirement: best of times, worst of times. You can afford to play golf but can you afford to be ill? 12 July 2017
- SUCCESSION AND INHERITANCE: Have you done enough to preserve your family business, create financial security for all your offspring and protect sibling relationships? 27 April 2017
- Probate fees hike will leave a nasty sting for those inheriting UK estates over £500,000, 15 March 2017
- INHERITANCE TAX: Ex-pats living abroad are not prepared for the financial fallout when a widowed spouse returns to the UK, 8 February 2017
- INHERITANCE TAX: How prepared are you?, 1 February 2017